Thursday 23 October 2008

Double sox

Knitting has been pretty slow recently. I think I got a bit carried away with the number of projects I had on the go, and achieved very little on any of them. School has been pretty busy too, so I'm counting down the hours until half term! I have finished a couple of pairs of socks. The first, Dublin Bay, using yarn from the Natural Dye Studio sock club. I love the colours, but noticed that after a weekend of particularly intense knitting, that my finger had a decidedly purple tinge! So my feet may go the same way. I'll let you know! These were the socks that the Yarn Harlot helped me to knit at the I Knit day (told you that I'd not done much knitting!)






The second pair were knitted for Mr Josiekitten after much muttering about me not having knitted him a pair of socks yet! The yarn drove me nuts, as I found it really hard to count the stitches. It was a bit like one of those Magic Eye books (that dates me!) and made my eyes go all funny. But they are finished, and he wore them for modelling purposes, but says that it's too warm for them at the moment!

We are off to Kos for half term. I haven't had my dose of Greece this year, and can't wait! Saganaki cheese, gyros, tzatsiki, baklava ................. I could go on. I have plenty of yarn stashed in my case, so am hoping for a profitable week. I'll let you know when I get back.

No comments: