Monday 29 December 2008

Addicted to scarves!

Addicted to scarves!

One of the things I have enjoyed knitting this year has been scarves. These are the ten I have finished during 2008. Some of them have been made as presents - infact, as I go through them, I see that half of them were made for someone else! That makes me feel a lot better! However, I am running out of space to hang them up. This was the first scarf I made, way back in November 2007, and it was this scarf that got me back into knitting after a very, very long gap.

It has been worn to death, and is starting to look a little tatty around the edges. Noro yarn is a bit like Marmite - you either love it or you hate it. And I am definitely in the former group. I just love the beautiful, vibrant colours, and enjoy seeing how the colour patterns develop. Yes, there are knots, and thin bits and thick bits, but it is magical. I'm currently knitting a Noro Striped Scarf, and the colour changes are keeping me entertained! And I have New Year plans for my stash of Silk Garden. All will be revealed come January 1st!

No comments: