Friday 26 December 2008

Boxing Day Madness

We decided to test drive Mr Josiekitten's hat and scarf this morning. It was a sunny but cold day as we headed along the north Norfolk coast. There were crowds of people walking along the seafront at Cromer, and this is why......

................. the Boxing Day swim! It was bitterly cold and the wind off the North Sea made it feel even colder, but there was a big crowd of brave (mad?!) souls taking part. About 10 minutes after the swimmers had been for a dip, the beach looked like this........
Mr Josiekitten declared that his hat and scarf were mighty fine at keeping out the cold, and I felt suitably pleased with my festive offerings!

On the way home, we followed a trail of footprints......



I think whoever made these was in a hurry to get warm!
We came home and lit our new stove and were toasty warm in no time at all ......
I had some lovely gifts for Christmas. Amongst other things, Mr Josiekitten gave me the latest book by the Yarn Harlot, and I had a squishy parcel from my good friend Snoopydog - a skein of Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend together with this pattern for a drop stitch scarf. Here's the yarn ......

It feels absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to cast on!

I have finally finished my 'Haven' scarf. I started knitting it in October when we were on holiday in Kos, but it got overtaken by Christmas knitting. I picked it up again on Christmas Eve, and hey presto, two days later, it's done! It is probably my most favourite scarf at the moment, and I'm looking forward to testing its snuggliness tomorrow, down on the beach. It's huge, and is shedding grey fibres all over my clothes! But I love it. Here's a couple of photos so you can see just how cosy it is .......
I've decided on my first pair of socks for my 2009 Sock Challenge - Monkeys. I've found a modified version on Ravelry, so am hoping that they will be large enough. The pattern has an extra 8 stitches, so fingers crossed! I'm really excited about this challenge, and hope that I will find lots of interesting patterns to knit.
Tomorrow, I'm hoping to try out my Kool Aid. You can be sure I'll let you know how I get on!

1 comment:

Jez, Deb, Jenny and Rosie said...

I was one of the cold brigade and can just about pick myself (and daughter and nephew) out in your great photo's.
With all that wool at your disposal you should join in next year - at least you'd be able to wrap up warm before and after.
Jez
Bessingham