Saturday 7 February 2009

Decision made

I finally made up my mind on my February Sock Challenge sock. I have settled for the Yarn over Cable socks from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. It's knitted toe up, so I'm learning a new technique, and it should also mean that I don't run out of Jitterbug yarn before I'm done. I'll just knit up the leg until it's all gone. It was really incredible how the toe appeared from the provisional cast on. I'm not quite sure yet how the heel is going to work out, but I'm a little way from there yet, so I'm not going to worry about it! The yarn is really pooling, but there's nothing much I can do about it. Here's how it looks at the moment.

See what I mean about the pooling?! My lunchtime sock no.2 is also progressing well, and I'm making my way down the foot. The Salsa cardigan almost has one sleeve, but I don't think that I will get it finished in time for next weekend's trip to Krakow. I'm really looking forward to the break. As we only have one bag, I shall have to plan my holiday knitting carefully! Maybe a sock, or possibly my pink wormy scarf, as it won't take up much space!

No comments: