Friday 14 August 2009

Holidays and Birthdays

Did you ever play the game 'I went to market' when you were little? You know the one, where you have to add an item to the list (often alphabetically), whilst at the same time remembering everything that proceeded it. Well, this is the knitter's version!
I packed my knitting bag for my holiday and in it I put:-
  • a pair of plain vanilla socks;
  • a pair of Waving not Drowning socks;
  • a pair of Jaywalker socks;
  • a dropped stitch scarf;
  • Lorna's Laces yarn from the Naughty Corner (from my failed July socks), pattern yet to be decided;
  • Katerina shawl in Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend;
  • Posy crocheted scarf.

holiday knitting 001

I don't think that my knitting bag bulges too much so as to provoke a comment from Mr Josiekitten! I do like to have some choice, and ........................what if I were to run out?! We are off to Germany for two weeks, staying with family and friends. I need lots of knitting projects to take my mind off the fact that we're driving on the wrong side of the road!

While I am away, my blog will be celebrating its first birthday! On August 26th, The Woolly Adventures of a Knitting Kitty reaches the grand old age of 1! When I started blogging, I didn't imagine for one minute the pleasure that it would give me. So as a little thank you to you, the readers, I'm holding a little birthday giveaway! Anyone who leaves me a message on this post will be entered into a draw to win two delicious skeins of yarn from my stash. It's hand dyed 100% British 4 ply wool from Angels and Elephants, in the colourway Candyfloss. Take a look.....

holiday knitting 002

I'll use a random number generator to pick the winner on August 31st, so you have between now and then to leave me a comment. I'm happy to post world-wide, as I know that I have lots of visitors from overseas. So what are you waiting for?! Anyway, I must away, as I need to get my knitting bag into the car before Mr Josiekitten gets home! Auf Wiedersehen!

7 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Congratulations on your first year! This is my first vist, but I've looked at most of your posts. You're not only a great knitter, but your photo's are wonderul too. I love the felted piggies and all the flowers.

Louise Tilbrook said...

A marvellously restrained travel knitting bag if I may say so. Hope you have a great holiday and make great knitting progress.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great holiday and do lots of knitting.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous knitting bag, have a fantastic holiday and Happy Knitting :D

menthapip said...

Happy blogiversary! I hope you have packed some empty bags in your knitting portmantau to bring home lots of lovely german sock wool for the winter.

Jennyff said...

Hope you are still knitting on holiday and haven't run out of yarn. I certainly took plenty with me, brought two 100g balls back untouched. Your knitting bag is so pretty it would be wrong not to take it nicely packed.

busybusybeejay said...

It's exciting packing knitting projects for going away.I like something challenging but also something easy too.Love your bag!