Tuesday 12 October 2010

Wool Week 2010 - Day 2

What's your favourite yarn? I guess if you're like me, your answer might depend on what you're knitting. When I'm knitting socks, one of my favourites has to be Dazzle from The Natural Dye Studio. It's a really soft wool with a lovely sheen to it, using 100% pedigree British Blue Faced Leicester fleece. I've made two pairs of socks with it, and it really is a joy to knit with. Unfortunately, the NDS lost their undyed stocks of Dazzle recently after a fire at their supplier's warehouse. But fingers crossed that there will be more on sale before Christmas. This is one of my favourite colourways - Sweet Pea.

Stash NDS (5)

Keeping on the theme of sheep, I discovered this morning that I had won a lovely prize from the weekly giveaway at Yarnonthehouse's blog. If you haven't visited yet, why don't you pop over? I've won a kit to make this Sheepish sweater, using organic merino wool. That's all for now. I'll be back tomorrow to show you what I'm knitting at the moment. Don't forget to tell me what your favourite wool is! xx

8 comments:

Denise said...

I saw your name over there today so popped on over to say congrats :) you lucky gal you. Have a great day.

snoopydogknits said...

Hello there! A great giveaway gift. It's lovely! Strangely enough, i bought her 'Playful Stripes' cardi pattern last week!!! Ros X

Denise said...

Hey Josie, I haven't even started my McCafferty! I'm trying to get the socks up to date first, then I wanted to knit a shawl for my friend for Christmas, the McC would be nice but the yarn I got for it is kind of orange, and she's blonde, and I don't think it's quite her color! I have some pinkish fingering yarn that I'm looking for a lacy shawl pattern for, might end up just doing another Ishbel!

Stadtwaldvogel said...

I love your wool week posts! How kind of us to buy and knit wool all year and be a model for everyone! Right now my favorite is handspun yarn. I love especially BFL, this is my new love. And I love Colinette jitterbug because of the bright colors.
Yours, Julia

Rhian Drinkwater said...

I love Laughing Yaffle sock yarn - lovely and soft plus amazing colours! www.laughingyaffle.com

Laurent said...

Bonjour JosieKitten ! i couldn't quite find your mail, so this is where i'll ask you : would you E-Blogs ? Have you heard or E-Blogs, the European Review of Blogs powered by Wikio. It is free. We select posts and have them translated and published on 5 websites. Have a look at our about section http://e-blogs.wikio.co.uk/about
If you're interested : Email me laurent.delpit [at] wikio.com
Cheers, Laurent

Northern Monkey said...

Ooh that's a lovely kit to win. I bought buttons like that once and put them "somewhere safe" which means I haven't seen them since...oh dear!

I must get some NDS Dazzle when they have it again, that colourway is just gorgeous.

melissa said...

i think my favorite wool would have to be lamb's pride. it comes in so many colors and has such a lovely halo with that touch of mohair. plus it's from nebraska, my home state!