Sunday 29 January 2012

Pretty in pink

My knitting appears to have had a pinkish theme this week. I have been motoring on with the first sleeve on my Rene sweater, wishing that my arms weren't quite so long! I'm almost at the point where I cast off stitches for the armhole, so it'll be ever shorter rows again soon! It really is a lovely pattern, and easy to memorise. I just had to stay awake to incorporate the new stitches into the pattern.
Rene sleeve 1 WIP (1)
I have finished the first of the Roger socks. It's the first time I have knit with Old Maiden Aunt yarn, and it definitely won't be the last. It is lovely and sproingy, and has great stitch definition too.
Right Royal Rogers WIP (2)
I have also done some spinning. I have spun up a braid of Fluff -n-Stuff's Darling, a mix of merino, silk and cashmere. I found it harder to spin than my usual BFL, but I have managed to get a fairly consistent single. I plan on N-plying it to try to keep the colour changes. I have recently treated myself to membership of Marianne's fibre club, so I need to keep up with the spinning. I'm looking forward to trying out some different fibre blends and venturing beyond my usual colourways!
Fluff 'n' Stuff pink spun single (1)
We were busy in the garden yesterday. I cleaned the decking while Mr JK gave the vegetable plot a dig over. It certainly looks a lot better now. I spied a few signs of spring, with daffodils having made their appearance through the soil, and pots of tulips also waking up. Roll on warmer, longer days!  I'll leave you with a photo of some tulips, taken when we visited Amsterdam a couple of years ago. Have a good week and see you soon! xxx
Amsterdam May 2010 053

8 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

What pinkness! All very nice JK. Love the spun yarn.

Nicky said...

Such pretty projects, I especially love the socks!

Jennyff said...

Yes a very pink, and pretty, post. Gorgeous handspun yarn, love the socks, just wish it was time to start tiptoeing through tulips in them, the ground is frozen solid here.

snoopydogknits said...

Love that Roger sock!!!! The yarn does have beautiful stitch definition. Have a good week. Rosx

Lynne said...

I do so like those cables, and the sock is looking fab!

Doodlywhatsits said...

That's a whole bunch of pink you have there! Those socks look gorgeous!

Helsie said...

Ahhhhh those tulips are so pretty... and so is your new jumper ( do you call them jumpers? - your pink thingy!!!). Anyhow you're right it is a very pretty pattern. The way the Spring is coming so early you'd better hurry up or it won't be ready in time for this year.
Cheers

Northern Monkey said...

I used Old Maiden Aunt yarn once and it was gorgeous, I'd be very tempted by more if I wasn't working so hard to avoid any further stash expansion!