Sunday 22 April 2012

WIP weekend

Hello again! Yes, back so soon! This is just a very quick post to share with you some WIP's. I had a couple of pairs of socks on the go while we were in the Lake District. I tended to only knit them while we were travelling, as I wanted to get stuck into Les Abeilles in the evening. So I have one of each pair currently finished. First, another plain vanilla sock, using some yarn I bought in Germany a few years ago. I do like these self patterning yarns, and they are perfect for knitting gift socks with. I'd hate to use a luxury yarn that got felted first wash! At least with these yarns, you know you can just bung 'em in the washing machine and all will be well! This pair is for a non-knitting friend, Zena, who loved the handknit pair I gave her earlier in the year, and requested a couple more pairs.
Plain Vanilla socks no.7 WIP
The second sock currently on the needles is one of my favourite sock patterns for solid or semi-solid yarns. It's the Roger sock from Knitspot, and is surprisingly simple to knit. This pair is for my ex-boss who is an ardent Liverpool FC supporter. I thought she'd like a pair of red socks to wear to cheer her team along!
You'll never walk alone WIP
I have another new project to share with you, using one of my favourite yarns - it's mink and cashmere from Great Northern Yarns. I received one skein as my December yarn from the Fall in Full Color Club, and managed to acquire 5 more to knit a cardigan. The yarn is so soft and warm, yet light to wear too. I knit my Monkeybread cowl from it last year and have worn it non-stop all winter, so I can just imagine how delicious a cardigan is going to be. I'm using the Milk cardigan pattern from Verena. The pattern is fairly simple with a cable up each front. I think I must have been spoilt by all of Anne Hanson's clearly written patterns, because this one is fairly muddled. I read on Ravelry that the cable pattern was wrong, so I had a little play around and have come up with one that I think looks right!
cable swatch milk sweater
I have cast on and done a few rows on the back, so hopefully will have something worth showing you next week. I am taking part in the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week again this year, starting tomorrow. There are quite a few interesting topics to blog about, so I hope you will pop back each day to take a look! See you tomorrow! xxx

8 comments:

faith76 said...

Like the socks you have made - it's inspiring me to make a second pair - will have to have a look out for self striping yarn to give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Cable is so impressive!

snoopydogknits said...

The cardi will be soooo scrummy! Rosx

Jennyff said...

Not just knitting at a pace you are blogging lots too, puts me to shame, I'm just knitting socks again. Look forward to a full on week from you, no pressure.

Northern Monkey said...

Looking forward to your blog week posts :)

WildflowerWool said...

Looking forward to your posts next week. I will be doing it too!

Lynne said...

The socks look great. I am very jealous of a cashmere/mink cardy! The cable looks good to me - good luck with it! :)

Kat Jorgensen said...

Looks great, Helen! Love the purple and it's going to look so good on you. Keep plugging away. We have been spoiled by Anne's clear directions.