Tuesday 16 July 2013

Tour de Fleece Day 18

I made a start on spinning the second half of the fibre this evening. Because I am spinning this in one piece, without breaking the length into narrower strips, you can see that the bands of colour are wider and the colour changes a little more gradual. I am worried that I might be giving it too much twist, so will ply it on the biggest ratio to see if that makes a difference. It's all a big learning curve. I was amazed when one of the comments the other night asked if I would be prepared to sell the skein. I never think my handspun is good enough to sell!! I can always see flaws in it - I guess that's part of the charm of being handspun though, isn't it? I hope to finish spinning this tomorrow. Then the plying can start on Thursday. I am excited to see how the finished yarn will look. xxx

 
Tour de Fleece 2013 Day 18 (3)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh! i'm loving those long color repeats - i too can't wait to see how it plys up! what a fun skein of yarn this will be!
-melissa

Chrissy said...

That yarn is going to be so pretty. Can't wait to see it.