Monday 4 May 2015

Bank Holiday weekend snapshot


A lovely long weekend, now sadly almost over. Here's a flavour of what went on chez josiekitten.

Friday - the promise of three days off work. Yay! I started a pair of plain vanilla socks for Mr JK. Well, what else could I do when he told me that he loves wearing handknit socks!! The yarn has been in my stash for some time; chosen by Mr JK when we were in Germany.


Mr JK's Stollberg socks (1)


Saturday - a sewing class in Norwich learning how to apply piping to a cushion. These photos are some practice pieces before the real thing.


cushion making - piping (12) 

cushion making - piping (13) 

cushion making - piping (4)


My cushion is now on the sofa with no prizes for guessing who has taken a shine to it!


Flo likes the new cushion with piping (5)


Sewing was followed by lunch with Snoopydog where we planned a yarny trip to London to iKnit Fandango in a fortnight. Can't wait! (Of course we had tea and cake too!!)

Sunday - not the best start to the day as I stood in the pouring rain in Kings Lynn. Mr JK was running the Grand East Anglia Run and  luckily for me, ran a personal best so I didn't have to get too wet!!


GEAR 2015 (3)


Knitting some more of my Orza jumper. I have lost a bit of my knitting mojo as far as this project is concerned because I think it is going to be far too big for me, but I cannot bring myself to start again. It is meant to be loose fitting, so perhaps all is not lost.


Orza WIP (1)


Monday - taking a look in the garden to see what's now in bloom. The irises are just beginning to open. They are one of my most favourite flowers, especially the purple ones, so a happy discovery!


May garden 2015 (7)


Sewing myself a little bag, using some fabric left over from a cushion. I added a pocket inside too. I am getting a little faster at cutting out and piecing together. I still don't like zips very much!!


star bag (2)

star bag (4)

star bag (1)


Baking some St Clement's Curd Muffins - recipe here. I made a small jar of lemon curd first using one egg and 2 small lemons. They were really nice and I think I will be experimenting with the recipe to see what else I could use as an alternative to lemon curd.


St Clements curd muffins (3)


A walk through the woods at Blickling Hall to see the stunning displays of bluebells. A carpet of purply blue as far as the eye could see!


Blickling Park May Day 2015 (12)


There was a field of oil seed rape just bursting with vibrant yellow. How could anyone fail to be happy seeing this?


Blickling woods May 2015 (12)

Blickling Park May Day 2015 (28)


I do hope that you have had a lovely weekend too. See you soon. xxx

7 comments:

faith76 said...

Lovely makes and I think you have done a grand job with the zip, I find them very tricky to do.

Una said...

I love the way you decorated the bag zip. As for bluebells, I have a growing collection that have happily invaded from the next door garden.

snoopydogknits said...

Lovely to see you! LOVE that cute bag! Wasn't it lovely to have that extra day. See you soon! Ros x

Caroline said...

Hi Josie - I'm visiting via Jenny's recommendation of your blog, and have enjoyed reading through some of your posts. Such a lovely selection of photographs, and you have a beautiful cat, too. I'm also very impressed with your sewing skills - I love to crochet, but am no seamstress! I'll be back again to visit now I've found you. Caroline ;)

Lynne said...

Ooo, what lovely makes - you have been busy! I love that idea of clipping the bias tape to shape the piping around a curve. I must remember that!

VeggieMummy said...

So many lovely makes - I really must learn how to knit socks; it's definitely on my 'to do' list. I was wondering if you need a special foot to do the cushion piping or if I could make do with the regular one? The photo of the rape in flower made my heart soar - I whizzed by some the other week but, unfortunately, couldn't pull over. Such a stunning combination with the blue sky. Have a great week. xx

knittingsandwich said...

oh i love that project bag with the black kitties!
how kind of mr jk to run so fast to get you out of the rain so quickly!
and oh my! those last few photos are jaw droppers!
gorgeous!
-melissa