Sunday 19 July 2015

The weekend in a nutshell


Mr JK made flatbreads for lunch and we ate them warm off the griddle with some smoked salmon and salad. Mmmmmmmmm!


weekend lunch


I baked some more biscuits. Following the success with Delia's Gingernuts, I dabbled a bit with the recipe and made some oaty vanilla biscuits. The house was filled with the delicious fragrance of baking and Mr JK's eyes lit up when he returned home from the gym this morning. They provided the perfect boost to his depleted carbs and he polished off two! (As did I, it would have been rude to let Mr JK eat alone!) They were really very yummy indeed. If anyone is interested, I will add the recipe another time.


oaty biscuits (11)


We went for  a walk around the gardens at East Ruston Old Vicarage this afternoon. It's a lovely place to visit as the gardens are changing constantly. All the summer flowers are in full bloom right now. There's something about sunflowers that just makes me feel happy! 


East Ruston Old Vicarage July 2015 (56)


Florence, as planned, has had a lazy weekend. Lots of this! See you later in the week when I'll be on holiday! Yay! xxx


Miss Flo looking magnificent (3)

1 comment:

snoopydogknits said...

Think I need to pay a visit to sample some of your lovely culinary delights! :-) Can't wait for Fibre East next weekend! xx