Sunday 12 June 2016

100 is the magic number!


Yes indeed! Mr JK was running a race yesterday - the Norfolk 100k - which, if you are in any doubt, is 100km or the equivalent of running two and a half marathons!! Blimey! It makes my legs ache just thinking about it! I was his support team, going to each checkpoint with food and drinks and I jokingly said that I would attempt to crochet the equivalent in yarn! Of course, I didn't manage that, but Mr JK did complete the distance (which turned out to be nearer 114km, with detours to the course and also a couple of navigational errors!!) Such an amazing achievement and I am so, so proud of him. This medal brings his race 'bling' total to 12 for this year so far, and I am pretty sure that many more will be added before the year is out!


IMG_2447


Although I was way off crocheting 100km of yarn, I did reach my second goal of finishing the penultimate set of stripes on my Attic24 Cosy Striped blanket. One more set of stripes and the border to go. Yay me! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen me posting various photos of my progress yesterday, but I will share them again with you here.


image


Part of the run followed the North Norfolk Coastal path, so I had some rather nice scenery for much of my hooking time. My favourite stopping place was Burnham Overy Staithe; there was plenty of activity in the water with boats and the odd swimmer to keep me entertained while I waited for Mr JK to arrive.


Burnham Overy Staithe (1)


Today has been a lazy day chez josiekitten, with Flo allowing Mr JK to share her blanket on the sofa as well as inspecting the progress on the crocheted blanket! (I am trying to ignore all those ends right now, I find it hard to weave them in inconspicuously!)


IMG_2442


On the knitting front, I managed to get a photo of my Fruit Gums socks - knit using Magic Loop and Continental knitting. The stripes actually match up pretty well, despite my not putting any efforts into them doing so. A lucky accident! I might put these at the back of my sock drawer and save them for the autumn. We'll see!


Juicy Fruits socks (1)


I've also finished the first sock of a new design - very simple but hopefully showing off the colours of a Debbie Bliss sock yarn. Here's a little peek at the toe.


IMG_2390


Today, I stitched the June block in the Sugar Block Club; six blocks done, six to go. This block is based on a maple leaf design. 


IMG_2454


And here are all six blocks - my favourite one is the middle one in the bottom row I think! How about you?


IMG_2453


The garden is looking good (as long as you don't look too closely at the weeds!) and the poppies have started blooming. It's quite incredible how from one day to the next, almost from one hour to the next, the flowers open. Their petals are like paper. I'd like to get some in different colours as well these salmon coloured ones in the garden. 


IMG_2386


Have a good week, whatever you've got planned. I'm hoping that the weather is going to be good enough to sit outside in the evenings to work on my blanket. I'm aiming to have it finished by the end of June. I'll leave you now as I have 'wifey'-duties to do - Mr JK has a couple of rather impressive blisters on his feet that require attention! I won't treat you to a photo, don't fear!!! xxx


IMG_2399

5 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

OMG?100km.That is amazing.I am impressed by that and of course by your knitting,crochet etc.What a productive weekend.Have a good week.

VeggieMummy said...

What a lovely, colourful post. Your blanket is looking gorgeous and I can't decide which quilt block I like best - possibly this month's maple leaf as it does look just like one. Very well done to Mr. JK; that is a huge achievement. Here's hoping the blisters subside soon. xx

Lynne said...

Your blanket is looking fab, and good and big with Flo for scale. I also love the colours in the socks, and the poppies. Well done to Mr JK, what an achievement!!

Una said...

A race that long should have been on the national news. Amazing.

snoopydogknits said...

Lovely pics! Well done Mr JK, very impressive! Love your patchwork! Ros x